The role of the Inside Sales Representative is to support the outside sales team in their customer interactions and to manage effective new business development activities in target markets. These duties are directly related to management practices and the company's general business operations.
- Answer incoming calls to the Inside Sales Department. Interface with other departments, i.e. accounting, production, purchasing and shipping to provide the best possible service
- Work as a liaison with field sales, Technical Inside Sales and others necessary to satisfy the needs of the customers
- Responsible for customer inquiries regarding pricing, availability, change requests and order status
- Responsible for entering all purchase orders and revisions received by fax, e-mail or phone
- Work with Sales Team to complete SNP and STP renewals on time
- Provide quotations to customers
- Proactively sell and upsell Burkert products to customers and potential customers
- Assist with online orders, as necessary
- Setting price increases accounts with ASM assigned
- Determining if part needs certificates, other documents or accoutrements.
- Determining if orders should go through BURS process or other special processes/procedures
- Organizing/follow-up on projects
- Gathering complete data on special parts purchased from other Burkert countries
- Making sure proper approvals have been given for low margins, special pricing, RMAs
- Customer account updates to existing accounts (terms, etc.)
- Troubleshooting shipments and identifying credit holds
- STP analysis/submission and price structuring. Watching for low margins at quote or order entry is required. While it is expected that ASMs manage the price increase but in some cases, this is not done or there is no ASM assigned so ACE team is responsible for all required to get STPs set up.
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred
- 2+ years of customer service and/or inside experience preferably in a manufacturing, office environment
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Experience using SAP
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail
- Day-to-day work activities are prioritized appropriately within work routines
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Able to work closely within a team and contribute individually
Burkert USA Corp is a manufacturing and sales organization, that is family owned and was established in the US in 1984. Burkert employees enjoy an inclusive environment that's open to ideas and innovation for a growing company with opportunities for development. Work life balance is considered a priority with a comprehensive benefits package in place to support your personal and professional life.
Curious? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our online application form.