The role of the Area Sales Manager is to be an entrepreneur responsible for growth and success in market development, application opportunities, new customer growth along with being the company's foremost authority on the applications & requirements for the Med & Lab Industries. The ASM is to generate sales; directly and through Distribution Partners while supporting the company sales plan.
- Responsible for sales growth and achievement of annual sales and profit goals within Focused Industries in a specific geography
- Complete and implement Account and Territory plans and provide accurate and timely forecasting information
- Prepare presentations and proposals of the Burkert portfolio of products to be used for on-site presentations and sales calls
- Employ a combination of strategies to successfully acquire new customers as well as deepen existing customer relationships
- Assist in Driving the specifications of Burkert Solutions at: OEMs, A&E firms, Integrators and End Users
- Effectively communicate with sales team and cross-functional colleagues to achieve a desired business purpose
- Coordinate marketing efforts with the Marketing Team and Field Segment Managers including new product launches, trade shows, web tools, and other sales and marketing activities.
- Identify new opportunities within the Med & Lab Industries
- Input sales activities and data into CRM (Microsoft Dynamics), and achieve defined CRM KPIs regarding opportunity pipeline and visit reports
- Adhere to published expense policy and expense budgets
- Communicate effectively and directly with Team Manager, Field Segment Manager and Corporate Key Account Managers (when applicable)
- Support customers and Burkert distributors in your area in their business development efforts by providing training, technical assistance, and information to assist them in implementing their local business strategy
- Coordinate with the Field Segment Manager to conduct training at customer sites
- *This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover and contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the employee. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.*
- 50% or higher depending on region, expectation is to travel as much as necessary to support your customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent certified completed technical training courses
- 5+ years of sales and technical experience in the specific market required
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail
- Day-to-day work activities are prioritized appropriately within work routines
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Able to work closely within a team as well as contribute individually
- Ability and motivation to self-train for continued growth
- *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
Burkert USA Corp is a manufacturing and sales organization, that is family owned and was established in the US in 1984. Burkert employees enjoy an inclusive environment that's open to ideas and innovation for a growing company with opportunities for development. Work life balance is considered a priority with a comprehensive benefits package in place to support your personal and professional life.
Curious? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our online application form.