What Bürkert offers for your flow measurement:
- Increased productivity: Due to optimised cleaning, sterilisation and filling times
- Continuous monitoring: For reliable and reproducible monitoring of CIP and SIP processes
- Minimal cleaning: Less susceptible to contamination and easier to clean
- Plug & Play: No separate calibration necessary after installation
- Hygienic safety: No sensor elements or constrictions in the measuring tube
- Maximum reliability: Insensitive to vibrations and magnetic or electrical interference
- Easy validation: Due to digital monitoring and simple design (tube)
- Extended production times: Through combination of FLOWave and Robolux
Product safety is a crucial factor in the manufacture of infusion solutions. This is a matter of very special importance to one of the leading manufacturers of infusions, clinical nutrition, drugs and medical products based in Hesse, Germany. To achieve maximum product safety, it is necessary to use only state-of-the-art flow measurement systems. That is why a new Bürkert technology was installed in a field test in the supply line of a filling system for infusion bags.
Flow measurement systems for long-term operation with no failures
The crucial factors for flow measurement systems are long-term operation with no failures and, above all, with no errors in measurement – even under the harshest conditions. The exact measurement of the flow rate of CIP media is also decisive. In the past, however, it was often necessary to use expensive processes with less than optimal hygienic properties in order to meet the high requirements for measuring accuracy. The new FLOWave flowmeter changes that.
Reliable and reproducible monitoring of CIP and SIP processes
The flowmeter features a very simple design without internal sensor elements in the measuring tube, and in terms of fluid technology is simply a tube. FLOWave does not affect the process or the flowing product in any way and can be regarded as any other tube. With a diameter of 50 mm the FLOWave weighs only about four kilograms and can easily be installed or replaced by a single person.
That not only offers a cost-effective alternative to previous measuring systems. It also results in lower cleaning and sterilisation costs, for example. At the present time it is already possible to simultaneously measure volumetric flow rate and temperature. In the future, additional parameters such as density and mass flow rate will be added, and there will be validation for all fluids.
“FLOWave is not just a flowmeter, but a revolutionary instrument for quality assurance.” – Responsible project engineer on the customer side.
Boost your overall system efficiency with FLOWave
In a practical test the customer was quickly convinced of the unlimited suitability and the advantages of FLOWave. The reliable and reproducible monitoring of CIP and SIP processes made it possible to identify potentials for optimisation within a very short period. Not only the efficiency of cleaning and sterilisation, but also the overall system efficiency were boosted as a result of the exact measurement of the flow rate and temperature, as well as the simple design. The FLOWave flowmeter is therefore not only a measuring system, but also a tool for quality assurance and optimisation. Its use even allowed the user to gain additional filling time.
“I never would have thought that we could actually gain additional filling time.” – Responsible project engineer on the customer side.
Substantial reduction of flushing times in your filling system
Bürkert also offers a complete system solution for flow measurement. A new filling system for infusion solutions incorporates three FLOWave flowmeters and Robolux valve interfaces. The latter need less space than conventional valve interfaces and they have a smaller internal volume. Another advantage of these multiple valve interfaces is that they have no dead zones. The result is a substantial reduction of flushing times for each valve interface every day.
Additional information, technical specifications and the latest datasheet can be found here:
FLOWave SAW flowmeter
- No obstacles inside the measuring tube, compact, lightweight and low energy consumption
- Conforms to hygienic requirements, CIP/SIP compatible
- Ideal for liquids with low or no conductivity
- Digital communication, parameterisation via Communicator, display and Wi-Fi
- Optional: ATEX certification, II 3G/D
Want to read more? Please have a look at the PDF document: