The use of the type 8098 FLOWave not only reduces the number of devices in your plant, but also reduces costs and effort in plant planning, installation, start-up and maintenance. Thanks to the well thought-out device construction with only one line and seal, FLOWave is easy to clean and also requires fewer calibrations compared to related products. The possible uses for FLOWave have now been expanded due to the additional measuring parameters of mass flow and density.
The compact solution: a device for multiple measured quantities and applications
Type 8098 FLOWave can measure much more than just flow. For example, the sensor recognises the change of liquids and gas bubbles in the medium. To do this, the device simultaneously records different measuring parameters and analyses them:
- Flow/volume flow
- Acoustic transfer factor
- Differentiation factor
Usually, multiple devices are required in order to monitor all these parameters. FLOWave combines these measured quantities in just one device. FLOWave is also now in a position to determine other measured quantities.
New measured quantities of FLOWave
- Density (in kg/l, g/cc etc.): Density means the ratio of mass to volume. FLOWave determines density using the acoustic parameters of the liquid. The decisive advantage is that the measured value can be directly included in the ongoing process at a set measurement point.
- Mass flow (in t/h, kg/min, …): Mass flow is a dynamic mass per time unit and is defined as the mass of a medium that is moved through a cross-section over a period of time. In measurements with SAW technology, which is also used in the FLOWave, the mass flow is calculated using the measured values of density and volume flow (flow). By contrast, other measurement principles, such as Coriolis, use mass flow and density to deduce the volume flow.
These additional measured quantities are available for new FLOWave devices and can be added when purchasing, depending on requirements. You can decide for yourself which functions you really want to use. For devices that have already been commissioned, it is unfortunately not possible to activate the additional measured values due to technical differences, as these may impact measurement accuracy.
The multiparameter flow meter: additional functions open up other areas of use
FLOWave has been used in a wide variety of processes since 2015 and will support you with flow measurements of all kinds, with its advantages being of particular use in the pharmaceutical and food and beverage industries. Thanks to the new measured quantities, type 8098 can be used in the following applications, for example:
- Measuring the flow of cooking oil
- Measuring the mass flow of liquids in pharmaceutical applications
- Blending and mixing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Your benefits at a glance
✓ A device for multiple measured quantities ensures low installation costs and time-saving device management
✓ Permanently stable process values, no losses of pressure and easy cleaning thanks to well thought-out device construction
✓ Seamless process monitoring enables quick action in the event of faults, such as changes to the liquid
✓ IP65 degree of protection, ATEX, IECEx or CRN for use in demanding environments
✓ Hygienic stainless steel device design
Choose your FLOWave now
Just select the desired measured quantities and technical characteristics in our product filter to discover the right FLOWave for your own application. You can order FLOWave products directly online in the Bürkert eShop.
FLOWave SAW flowmeter
- No obstacles inside the measuring tube, compact, lightweight and low energy consumption
- Conforms to hygienic requirements, CIP/SIP compatible
- Ideal for liquids with low or no conductivity
- Digital communication, parameterisation via Communicator, display
- Optional: ATEX/IECEx certification, II 3G/D