Position Title: Area Sales Manager – Hygienic Food & Beverage
Reports to: Business Unit Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Role Profile: ASM Outside Sales
The role of the Area Sales Manager is to be an entrepreneur & consultant responsible for personal and customer growth and success in market development, territory management, generation of opportunities, new customer growth along with being the company’s foremost authority on the applications & requirements for their specific segment.
Main tasks: (Other duties will be assigned as required)
- Responsible for sales growth and annual goals in Target Segments, using strategic planning to ensure sales and margin goals are reached
- Being the face of Burkert by being in front of customers
- Understanding applications per Hygienic segment
- Coordinate marketing efforts with the Marketing Coordinator and Field Segment Manager per segment which at minimum includes; product launches, trade shows, data sheets along with other sales and marketing activities and documentation
- Identify & qualify new opportunities within Hygienic segment
- Assemble, understand and roll out business plans that provide sales growth for the Hygienic segment
- Drive product & system specifications of Burkert Solutions at: OEMs, A&E firms, Integrators and Corporate level
- Have on-going pursuits and development of campaigns with the New Customer Development (NCD) department of activities for the Hygienic segments that could include but not be limited to; lead follow up & qualification, solutions and/or processes to pursue, applications that apply to the campaign and questions to be asked and pursued for each opportunity
- Trend data of the market in the designated territory such as current market size, market share and competitive positioning; maintain a current market strategy at all times
- Prepare proposals, presentations and lunch and learns of new products, applications & technology for meeting market demands
- Be able to fully utilize the following tools: Company specific CRM and SAP
- List target accounts to pursue for specification acceptance
- Provide weekly report on key targeted accounts and communicate that information in company CRM tool the opportunity, visit report, leads, prospects, KCP, account notes sections
- Insure that each month there is a 3:1 ratio of new opportunities to company sales goal effort in the project opportunities portion of the CRM for your market segment
*This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover and contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the employee. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Applicant should be willing to travel.*
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent certified completed technical training courses
- 5+ years of sales and technical experience in the specific market required
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail
- Day-to-day work activities are prioritized appropriately within work routines
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Able to work closely within a team and contribute individually
- Ability and motivation to self-train for continued growth
Problem-solving ability means the ability to analyze problems and on that basis find alternative solutions, and to evaluate and successfully put those solutions into practice.
Assertiveness means the ability to assert oneself consistently when opposed, to represent unpopular positions, and to establish dialogue and be persuasive with others in difficult situations.
Willingness to learn means continuously acquiring new skills and knowledge, and further developing existing ones.
Customer orientation means that all business strategies, processes, products, and everyday activity are to be solely focused on the goal of maximizing value and satisfaction for the customer, both internal and external.
Ability to communicate means communicating information as clearly and accurately as possible with others, whether on the factual or interpersonal level, and to correctly interpret the statements of others and react to them accordingly
Process-oriented thinking and acting in thought and action means thinking and acting cross-functionally, seeing beyond existing business processes and organizational divisions.
- Commensurate with experience, education and qualifications
To apply for this position, please use this link.