The role of the Area Sales Manager is to be an entrepreneur responsible for growth and success in market development, application opportunities, new customer growth along with being the company’s foremost authority on the applications & requirements for Process Automation. The ASM is to generate sales; directly and through Key Account Managers, Area Sales Managers and Distribution Partners while supporting the company sales plan.
Main tasks: (Other duties will be assigned as required)
- Responsible for sales growth and annual goals in Target Segments, using attack strategies to ensure sales and margin goals are reached
- Application development per the Hygienic & Water segment
- Coordinate marketing efforts with the Marketing Coordinator and Key Account Manager per segment which at minimum includes; product launches, trade shows, data sheets along with other sales and marketing activities and documentation
- Identify new opportunities within the Hygienic & Water segment
- Assemble and roll out business plans that provide sales growth to the specific segment
- Promote duplication of sales success within segment
- Drive the specifications of Burkert Solutions at: OEMs, A&E firms, Integrators and Corporate level
- Drive end-users for specific segment and deliver input into the global application database
- Have on-going pursuits and development with the New Customer Development (NCD) department of activities for their respective segments that could include but not be limited to; SIC code of listed potential, specific areas of a market, solutions and/or processes to pursue, applications that apply and questions to be asked and pursued for each opportunity
- Trend data on the market such as current market size, market share and competitive positioning; maintain a current market strategy at all times
- Prepare proposals of new products for meeting market demands
- Be able to fully utilize the following tools: Company specific CRM and SAP
- List target accounts to pursue for specification acceptance
- The individual conducts business according to the published expense budget for assigned area and with the approval of the team leader.
- Deliver input into the global application database
- Communicate directly with Team Leader and Field Segment Manager
- Prepare proposals of new products for meeting market demands
- Provide weekly report on key targeted accounts and communicate that information in company CRM tool in both the opportunity and note sections
- Support the customers and Burkert distributor if applicable in your area in their application and product efforts
- Coordinate with the field segment manager input and conduct training for company employees and customers on products and application opportunities in your specific market
- Insure that each month there is a 3:1 ratio of new opportunities to company sales goal effort in the project opportunities portion of the CRM for your market segment
- The individual conducts business according to the published expense budget for assigned area and with the approval of the team leader
- To drive the specifications of Burkert Solutions at: OEMs, A&E firms, Integrators and Corporate end-users.
- Deliver input into the global application database.
- Communicate directly with fellow ASM’s locally, FSM‘s and Burkert U.S. factory personnel when applicable.
- Maintain a current market strategy at all times
- Individual can fully utilize the following tools; company CRM, SAP, and Delta Master
- List of target accounts to be pursued for specification acceptance and sales approved by the team leader.
*This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover and contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the employee. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Applicant should be willing to travel.*
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent certified completed technical training courses
- 5+ years of sales and technical experience in the specific market required
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail
- Day-to-day work activities are prioritized appropriately within work routines
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Able to work closely within a team and contribute individually
- Ability and motivation to self-train for continued growth
Problem-solving ability means the ability to analyze problems and on that basis find alternative solutions, and to evaluate and successfully put those solutions into practice.
Assertiveness means the ability to assert oneself consistently when opposed, to represent unpopular positions, and to establish dialogue and be persuasive with others in difficult situations.
Willingness to learn means continuously acquiring new skills and knowledge, and further developing existing ones.
Customer orientation means that all business strategies, processes, products, and everyday activity are to be solely focused on the goal of maximizing value and satisfaction for the customer, both internal and external.
Ability to communicate means communicating information as clearly and accurately as possible with others, whether on the factual or interpersonal level, and to correctly interpret the statements of others and react to them accordingly
Process-oriented thinking and acting in thought and action means thinking and acting cross-functionally, seeing beyond existing business processes and organizational divisions.
- Commensurate with experience, education and qualifications
Microsoft OfficeIntermediateSAP - Inventory SearchSome Knowledge
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
5 years: 5+ years of sales and technical experience in the hygienic/water market required- Pharma prefered
To apply for this position, please use the link below:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)